Monday, January 11, 2010

Two Left Feet.

I may have officially come up with the best excuse to not do a run EVER, and I did not even put any thought into it, really, brain was not even slightly turned on, literally!

You see we (meaning training buddies), had some grand plans of "getting IT done" this weekend. IT= super long bike ride, not a gorgeous ride outside with the sun beating down our backs, nope, not us. This bike ride was on the trainers in a room of approx 300 sq feet, with 7 sweaty athletes. And the boys had the luxury of getting to ride in front this week, so no television viewing for us ladies. Each half an hour on the nose, we debated whether to keep going, but there is something about being able highlight 100% of your schedule in a week, so we kept those legs a turnin'. Following this non-moving scenery ride we were to escape this room to challenge the winds and cold with a 1:30 run.
And then....
it happened....
while we were in the midst of a speedy transition....
the most genius plan ever....
that is, if you don't really want to run....

Yep....

Two left feet!
Thank you K-Swiss for the amazing shoes, I love them! However, when you have more than 2 or 3 pairs of the same kind, it gets this girl a little confused.
Yes, I was not "hard core" enough to do the run with two left feet, we will save that for my dancing. I ventured home, leaving the last remaining training buddies for the day to also contemplate "the run". However, 30 min later we messaged each other to make sure everyone was finishing up the workout...just with a little longer transition time than expected.
PS: TNM athletes...this is not an excuse for you :)

6 comments:

D said...

My biggest no-run excuse of '09 was forgetting my bra. It happened on the same day (I think it was Thursdays) each week for three or four weeks. I remember on the last week my coach freaked out and told me just to tape them down. #1 reason I don't have a male coach anymore ;)

Johnna said...

I think girls get the front ALWAYS! Especially if we are the ones staying on the bikes the longest!

BTW near the end of the ride my thoughts of going longer came a little more often than every half an hour.

JC said...

You are a CLEVER lady;) 2 Left Feet! LOL!!
I think the girls should have the front always too!

Unknown said...

Now that is a funny one! I once "left" (he, he) my shoes on top of the car and then they flew off the roof and the car behind me ran them over...
Tracy

Kim said...

i do the same thing sometimes too!!!

hahahaha, i love it T - way to get out of that run :)

Charisa said...

Awesome! I like D's excuse too. And your cafe & street name are sweet! :)