Sunday, September 04, 2011

Busy Livin'!

Not really sure where I left off, not really sure where to begin. But this blog needs some attention :). You see the life of a coach is fun and I wouldn't change it for the world, but you never really get a day off (unless you are super disciplined to give yourself a forced day off). And this is the "high" time for races so time is spent tracking athletes, cheering, meetings, traveling, you get the point.....and what an emotional roller coaster, of lots of highs, it has been!

A quick recap of "life":

Swim for Life is a yearly event I love to do that is not a race, just a fun organized 2.4 mile swim across Lake Washington. I had four great friends on my team that swim practically identical speeds and another 14 TNM teams (each team consists of 4) swim across the lake for the Puget Sound Blood Center. The weather was amazingly beautiful, Mark claims fish jumped over him, and the water was so calm that it made anyone's day beyond enjoyable. I was so sad to miss this event last year, just getting out of the hospital, however, that year was the toughest conditions by far! This event is a fantastic lead up to Ironman Canada so the team really looks forward to it each year.
(swimming through glass)



Then we were of to Long Beach California for my beautiful friend Heather's wedding (whom you will see racing in Las Vegas this coming weekend). It was a weekend full of festivities, including running with an elliptigo chasing us down, 69 cent sunglasses that were the "hit" of the party, and epic eyelash extensions! The pic below truly sums up our friendship. Laughing at the little things and living in the moment. So happy for you dear friend!
Ironman Canada was next on the agenda with 21 TNM athletes ready to race. As always, Canada is exceptionally beautiful and I was blessed to be able to swim/bike/and run to my hearts content while supporting the amazing group of athletes and friends we had racing in the 96 degree sunshine. Each athlete tells a different story out there and I couldn't be more honored to be part of their journey. I am proud of each of you and am excited to watch you grow in this sport and life.


(happy coaches, everyone is in!)



Our highlights of the trip included several bike rides to Naramata (hello bakery!), runs that left Rebecca-ie: mediocre athlete (who is now recognized internationally around the world, and whom will come up with a much more comic blog about this so I won't even attempt) and I gnawing at our tongues for hydration, Bridget devouring bags upon bags of ketchup chips, and just "hanging out with friends and teammates" around the dinner table. Catching up with Kiet (seriously, I could talk with you for hours!)and finally meeting Jill!

And a dear friend/athlete/and TNM coach crushed this weekend at Hy-Vee 5150. Tears of ultimate joy, so proud of you!



Next up: Vegas 70.3 and Kona Ironman. Life is busy, life is good, dreams are coming alive!

8 comments:

Molly said...

Sounds like all is going well!!!! :-)

I'll be spectating at Kona too, maybe I'll see you :)

h* said...

LOVE YOU DARLIN. SO PROUD & HAPPY TO BE BLESSED WITH YOU AS MY FRIEND. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON, ATHLETE, BUDDY, AND SUPERSTUD BRIDESMAID. I AM BEYOND WORDS AT HOW THANKFUL I AM TO YOU FOR ALL YOU DO. SO, A BIG FAT THANKS FOR NOW I GUESS (that feels so understated), AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN LV. XO, H*

Steve said...

Congrats, sounds like you are having a heckuva coaching season. From what I remember this has been a tough year on you, but you are still positive, and still doing a great job.

A tribute to your strength as a person no doubt. :)

JC said...

It was so great to finally meet you too! Super congrats to ALL of your athletes! When we saw them out there we gave extra cheers and extra loud. Hopefully next time will have a little more time to hang out:)))

Kiet said...

Funny you should say that TN, I was just thinking how easy you and I seem to fill time when we are together. It obviously is a good sign, and good to know that if we are ever trapped in an elevator, we'll have no problem killing time!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Nice! love good times and good friends.

Libby said...

way to make athlete's dreams come true girl! all that hard work has to be rewarding! will you be in kona?!?!

Christie said...

I am a new blog follower. Found you through Beths blog. I hope this does not sound 'too' stalkerish'; but, I just read through a good chunk of your blog and you are such an inspiration to me. I noticed that you have coaching listed on your site... do you still coach? If so, how would I go about finding more what you have to offer? Please email me @ christie@rlkcompany.com Thanks!:)