Thursday, August 19, 2010

Brighter...

Things are getting brighter and brighter. Don't get me wrong I am no where back to my "normalcy" but I am closer to normal. It's the baby steps, like eating solid foods (wisely), standing instead of sitting, gaining weight, its all happening slowly! I think of this past week as the first week back to training, you want to do more, your body tells you to do more, but you know that it will create set backs if you do. So you continue to follow your program as coach says in order to flourish in the results later. I am on my first "build" of the program and then recovery week comes a little early (next week) with another treatment of Remicade. But each block will get me a little closer to my "happy, healthy, place!"


I was stoked to be able to go to watch over 25 TN multisporters at Lake Stevens 70.3. I had to "taper" the day before to make it to the race, being on bed rest from noon on! Then we got a hotel room in Everett to have a "calmer" nights sleep since the heat temps in Seattle were record breaking. I was "preparing" for the big day!
The pro field was stacked, TNM athletes were on fire, the heat was up and the results were nothing short of amazing out there. It was fun to be a part of so many athletes "special" day.
(My bum sat like this ALL day! 2 phones, notebook, and a camera!)



(Mark played super coach doing all the "running" around and relaying message from me)

Yesterday was another team event of Swim For Life. It is a 2.4 mile swim across the lake from Medina to Madison park. TNM had 60 athletes participate in the event. In the past the water has been calm and the sun beaming onto the swimmers, however, this year we arrived with lake chop, wind and less than ideal conditions, but the athletes DID it and they MADE it and are stronger because of it! I am so proud of each of them. The money was raised for the Puget Sound Blood Center. Awesome event!




(Team Girls Rock! Johnna, Kara, Bridget, Kim, Karissa, Heather, Ann)


The girls above had to be combined as one team. And I was smiling ear to ear as they took off, 7 blondes, one kayaker and the doubts, nervouseness, and giggles were quite silly coming from these girls that podium at every race! Way to go ladies!


(H* and I staying warm post swim event.....stoked that the braid thickness is coming back from last years treatments!!)


We are now packing up and headed out to Ironman Canada next week. It is a super fun time of year full of excitement. Being sidelined has me balancing rest with building myself back up and enjoying the little things. I am learning so much about "me" and "life" that I can keep with me forever. Excited that things are looking up and we can see little improvements each day. Not so excited that I am SO sore from standing a couple of hours yesterday...unbelieveable, once again...baby steps, think I should go book a post-standing massage for recovery :)

14 comments:

JC said...

Way to go on the recovery Lady! One step at time! You have this:)

Kim said...

so so SO glad to hear remicade is working and you are on the mend. congrats to your athletes, you must be so proud!

Michelle Simmons said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. It's awesome that you choose to be out there supporting others when you can't participate yourself. :)

Jennifer Harrison said...

TN: I am not sure what happened? and why you are on "bedrest"...caught my attention b/c I was on bedrest for 8 weeks while pregnant w/ our twins...but you don't look pregnant! And, I was in a real bed. LOL....HOPE YOU ARE OK!

Melissa said...

Yeah...I like this update and am glad the sun has started to shine a bit brighter :-)

Beth said...

So great to hear you days are getting brighter!! One step at a time - just like you said! And how awesome that you were out supporting your athletes and friends over the weekend!!

Elizabeth said...

Great to see you out there - and even better to see you feeling and doing better!! XO

Maggs said...

Glad to know you're out and about. Small steps and you'll be back out there racing!

Christi said...

YEA!! I am so excited about your recovery! You are taking the right approach and it seems to be paying off. You look great in your pics!

Keep up the fabulous work!

Kiet said...

Reat that you got Mark to sign up for IM CDA, right on!!! This race is going to rock next year! Like how you are finding common ground in your recovery to training, keep on keeping on!

LaVonne said...

Way to be smart T, I'm so happy you're getting better. And I TOTALLY noticed the thickness of your braids before I read your comment on them! :-)

Johnna said...

So happy to have you back and getting healthier each day!

Charisa said...

Good luck to Mark at IMC! Glad you are healing and thick braids - that is very good :) One step at a time and before you know it you will be stronger than ever.

Kim said...

Glad you are feeling better! Oh man! That is rough but you are rebounding like a true champion. God bless & keep up the recovery!!