Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fast feet.

Things have been a whirlwind since Canada. Nothing new on the workout part, just continuing to improve, kind of like the "two steps forward, one step back". I try a new food, body says no, I drink more ensure, then repeat.....it's not too exciting on the eating front, but at least now I get to "try" new foods.



And I do try a little something new everyday....like one day the salted caramel cupcake, then the snickerdoodle cupcake, then the chocolate coconut macaroon too! (okay, just little bite....I am aware I am not working out!)....but yum...and the fact that it was post shopping at lulu with girlfriends...I need calories right?!



I have spent way to many hours dreaming and believing (and facebooking).



The other day I ran across the street, I felt like Forest Gump.



The first thing out of my mouth to Mark was:



Me: "When I get to run again, I am going to be FAST!"



Mark laughed.



I couldn't figure out why?



Mark says: "When I get back on my bike I am going to be fast!".



I laughed....



Okay, I get it....nobody says that (well that is humble....but it just felt so true...I mean I ran 10 yards and felt like I was winning an ironman (well, what I imagine it would feel like to win an ironman!).



I can't wait to start training, it is like teaching someone from the beginning: fresh, new, eager and READY!

10 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

You know what? I think getting back to form is so fun. some people think its the worst, and all they can do is think about "I used to be..." but heck, you get to be whatever you want to be when you are starting fresh!
And yum, the salted caramel sounds like a salted nut roll:)

Michelle Simmons said...

It really can be fun getting back into shape after a layoff. I remember post-pregnancy training. I swear I set a new 'PP- PR' every day! :) Hope you're back in your fast feet soon! xoxo

Beth said...

You ARE going to be so fast when you start running again! :) Like Julia and Michelle said, getting back into it can be so fun because you just keep improving and improving... Excited for you! And you are such a champ for drinking Ensure all the time. Get those calories in - they help to heal! :)

JC said...

I think you will be even FASTER when you are running more! - You DID start - you ran 10 yards! Hey it's a start! OMG all of that deliciousness that you are trying YUM!

Kim said...

When I broke my collarbone last year at the Half IM World Champs everyone said that "the time off would actually benefit me" and I of course, in any triathlete bull-headed style told them "I'm sure it will" but gritted my teeth and was really mad to be taking off for awhile! However, I have to say, its all the things you are feeling right now. It gave my body a really well needed rest and I came back so eager and so ready to train! It was a good mental break and I think I'm finally seeing the payoffs only now! So, hang in there.. one step at a time.. when you're body is ready - you'll be ready! Go ON with your bad self forrest gump!

Anonymous said...

Oh TN I am so sorry you are going through what all this. You seem to have a really great attitude and such wonderful people surrounding you! Keep your head up and you will be fast when you come back. For now, it's all about the baby steps and, err, Ensure ;) hehe

Anonymous said...

haha, I think I witnessed this "run", it was definitely fast :) You'll be back to your speedy self in no time! _Bri

Charisa said...

I can't wait til you are running FAST again soon too!! :) hang in there - you are getting better every day.

Kiet said...

I hear ya, I'm going on two weeks of no activity whatsoever and am looking to start back up with some weights and dynamic stretching. This is going to be my theme this winter.

Libby said...

hey girl-just catching up on your battle with uc. just remember, you WILL always be fast. you just have to get your health back under you for the "fast" to show. hang in there and focus on getting back to health and you will be back before you know it!!