Friday, March 18, 2011

Boomerang!

This boomerang is on the way back!


I am one week from my next treatment and am perplexed by this turnaround. A number of things have changed in a few (not-so-short) weeks.

*vicoden-be-gone (yep, was taking 2+ a day, eventually you stop counting)
*meds cut in half (my face may be returning to normal size now)
*eating fruit and veggies (those got knixed on day one of the hospital)
*sleeping through the night (10+ bathroom trips a night became the "norm")
*sleeping on tummy or any other comfy position my heart desires
*running (or any exercise) without emergency restroom (or non-restroom breaks...oops ;))


Unbelievable how things are turning around (insert happy girl here). Living so much in the moment, I had not realized how gloomy my health had become. There was an acceptance of a "new-normal", a different way of life. Now that I am returning to the "real-normal" I forgot how it feels to be unconfined. Much more appreciation for everything now.


And why, you may ask, did I post the angry bird picture? While away on this hiatus I became addicted to the game (thanks team for the ipad) and (confession!) passed every level. Is that something to be proud of? If you haven't played, I warn you, "don't start"!


But this lil' bird does the "boomrang" and he has to turn-around at the "perfect" time in order to "win". Knew he came into my life for a reason!

12 comments:

Jill Costantino said...

Yeah for the BOOMERRANG! So thrilled for you! That is absolutly AWESOME:))))

SSB said...

Glad you ate feeling better! never heard of that game though.

Beth said...

Wooooo-hooooo!!! :)

Michelle Simmons said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, tn! How relieved you must feel. :)

LaVonne said...

YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Shawn and Tracy said...

So good to hear that your body has been responding to treatments and that the med's are decreasing. Your such an amazing athlete and I can't wait to see you back at the starting line.
Hugs,
Tracy

Shawn and Tracy said...

P.S. Speaking of addicting games, you've got to check out Cittyville on FB...it's my Boomerrang ;-)
Tracy

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That is fabulous news! So happy to hear you're feeling better.

Kiet said...

Wow, you just make me appreciate a lot of simple things, thanks for that perspective. And yes, I'll be sitting on that trainer for another two hours tomorrow.

elizabeth said...

SOOOO glad you are feeling better TN!! :) I hope to read nothing but happy posts from you as things get better and better.

Kim said...

Great to hear you are coming back!! YIPPEE for progress and feeling a little more normal!

Libby said...

AWESOME!!! I'm SO happy to hear that!! I've been avoiding the angry bird thing but keep hearing about it :) the pic is super funny :)