Sunday, May 15, 2011

Playin' tricks!



This weather is really playing some tricks on us! It is amazing how much more of a "challenge" it is to get outside when it is grey, wet, windy (insert more complaining here). I accept it during the winter, but each day this past week has been incredibly different.



One, naturally, would believe that if it is 60 and gorgeously sunny with only a few clouds that the weather man is "off" saying the next day will bring the biggest rain fall yet. But he was right and the plans of riding with the girls all day was quickly knixed! I waited until 6pm on a Sunday for the rain to stop and then played mind games with myself for a bit longer only to land my bum on the bike trainer, as the rest of Seattle (and all those that escaped to Wenatchee in hopes for great weather) had to do.



Luckily there is a bit of flexibility in my schedule (and so do my best training buddies) so we were able to jump on our biking wheels at the break of sunshine for a few great rides this week. Lucky we were! And I really felt like I had a break-through brick workout on one of those that left me smiling for the rest of the day!!



We are looking forward to Ironman CDA camp (we will miss you Kiet, but I will warm the course up for you!) and then the next week off to Honu 70.3 where the weather will have no effect on the excitement to train!




Sunny days ahead and grey skies behind us (please?!).



6 comments:

Kim said...

please is right!!! we have cold/rain on the forecast for every day this week/weekend - and i have my triathlon training camp this weekend. BOO! please send us some sun!

JC said...

Ahhh - so envious of you guys heading to Honu. Escaping this crazy weather. Enjoy the sun when it's out. Bring some back from Honu for us PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Oh - pretty please!!!!!!

elizabeth said...

You and Mark can come live down here and be my new roommates :) haha!!

Kim said...

I know what you mean! Here too..the weather is sunny one minute (like when I'm working) and storming the next! I've had wet running shoes for like 6 days!! Wow.. have so much fun in Honu! Enjoy!

Charisa said...

Have fun in Honu!! :)

GoBigGreen said...

OMG is there sun ANYWERE other than Tucson AZ? :)
Honu will be a well deserved escape! Enjoy and pack up some sun for all of the continental US!