Monday, November 09, 2009

Event Planner.


Event Planner. This has been my new title this past week. Post Halloween things got busy. More because this procrastinator works best in that sort of mind set.
Chris Lieto called on Saturday night wanting to speak to athletes in Seattle. This is great, but we had 4 days to plan it and the goal was to get 150 people. 200 people later (we stopped counting!) the event was fantastic. Not because of Mark and I, but because Lieto gave an absolutely fantastic presentation about his race this year at Kona. He described the race in detail making everyone that was not there really experience the sights, the sounds, and the heat! He talked about what he did differently and how his mindset was completely different. Audience participation was a must as he had us practicing our own visualization and going in our minds how we shower off each morning (you must attend a presentation to understand that one). And most importantly explained how he can race in a white spandex outfit!
Mark at RRS (well my b-friend too) did an absolutely fantastic job getting this event to go off so smoothly. RRS should be very happy to have him as a staff member because without him the store would not be at its finest! Thanks to Chris, Mark and all the Seattle athletes who came together for this night!

Post presentation, it was full on planning for our Saturday night TNM team party. My only real job was to get the evite out which was done, order the cake, and put together a speech. #1 got done early on, #2 was a disaster, got all the way to Costco in the rain/wind storm in Seattle (that needs to be added because getting anywhere in Seattle is twice the challenge) and arrived without my wallet, my id, anything. So 40 min wasted. #3 I put together on the way to the event. I thought it was good, Mark kept swinging at my leg during the talk to tell me I was talking to much :) Wine, no wine, I would have said the same things!

I could not have pulled this off solo. Amanda opened up her beautiful home to us, her husband did all types of chores so she could get her workouts in day-of-party, Beth put together the below video that would have taken me a over a year to figure out, Bridget (my co-coach) arrived on-time, unlike yours truly, and did all the dirty work. Mark, as usual, kept the crowd entertained until the late nights! And of course the team, couldn't have a party without the amazing athletes!


Congrats to everyone this year. Many more smiles and miles to go for 2010!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't get a chance to say hi in person, but thanks so much for putting the event together last minute! It was awesome to get a chance to hear one of the top guys in triathlon speak. He seems like a real class act too...

D said...

I really need to move down there.

Anonymous said...

Great video!!!

beth said...

I loved your speech - straight from the heart!

Charisa said...

Sounds like an awesome event!

Rebecca Kelley said...

Hey, you didn't give a shout out to your two favorite clients who not only showed up on time to the party, but arrived like 17 minutes early! :D