Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me.

op·por·tu·ni·ty: a good position, chance, or prospect, as for advancement or success.

I thought long and hard on what I could get myself for this special day, because we all by ourselves presents right?! I figure the best present I can give myself (besides a new pair of William Rast's) is the gift of opportunity. To learn, to challenge, to advance and to grow...not to mention get to know myself a little bit more. I am opening a new door that will hand me all that has been mentioned.

Life is too short, I am healthy (which I can NEVER take for granted), I am surrounded by amazing supporters and I don't want to pass up a dream of mine for the sake of "fear"....so I bring on my own personal challenge for 2010, an opportunity long awaited for...diving in feet first OR the best way I know how!

Here's to the gift of aiming high and pushing the limits.....Life is GRAND!

16 comments:

Beth said...

Woooooooo-hoooooooo!! Congrats Teresa - I'd say that is one awesome birthday gift!! :)

Kim said...

Yes yes yes! Happy happy birthday teresa!

Anonymous said...

OOOOH AWESOME!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) That's a GREAT b-day present to yourself!

Courtenay said...

and congratulations to YOU on YOUR big news! when is your first pro race? are you doing the whole $793 thing!?

Lisa said...

Yay!!!! You are amazing!!! Happy Birthday!

Christi said...

Woo Hoo! That is absolutely awesome!

Anonymous said...

you're right...you have so many people supporting and cheering you on! we believe in you!! xoxo

Hallie said...

congratulations teresa!! you're a elite on sooooo many levels and totally deserve this. i'll be cheering you on the whole way.

Maggs said...

Congrats!

LaVonne said...

Finally! So long overdue!

Tracy said...

YAHOO!!! I love it....Congrats and what a perfect b-day gift!

Tracy

Runner Leana said...

Teresa, thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy belated birthday! It looks like you got one fantastic present!!

JC said...

Woohoo - CONGRATS! That is AWESOME! Happy Birthday!

Samantha said...

woohoo!!! that's awesome!!!

Melissa said...

Hi Teresa. Thanks for stopping by my blog and the comment about Splish :-) Congrats on turning pro, that is an awesome birthday present!

Charisa said...

So glad you're going for it - no regrets. EVER. Happy birthday too :)