Monday, March 30, 2009

Cute?? Liveable??

Training went great this weekend, 100% all workouts complete (15 hours)! I often laugh because we truly run around like crazy at times, I sometimes forget where I left my other bike, Mark forgets what bike he has his pedals on, we have matching helmets and always swear one person took the others, not to mention the same with cycling glasses too. We do loads and loads and LOADS of laundry each day questioning each other to make sure we will have all our "gear" clean before the next workout. It would be a huge problem if our socks did not say mens and womens on them and it super fantastic that we do not share bathing suits!

Mark laughed at me over the weekend when I came home from a workout. I said "what's so funny?" He says, "I am not sure that outfit is too cute." Me: "What's wrong with it? Take a picture and I will see what others say about this fashion sense".

So he took the photo for "What not to Wear" and what we got is below. My immediate thought was, well of course I look funny, you didn't tell me my hair was tweaking out to the left side and that my cheeks are super puffy from the cold and the darn medication I am on. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with this photo...white legs are easily fixed via spray tan so this outfit is a stellar for any reasonable athlete. Compressions socks for the obvious reasons, Uggs for the coziness and warmth post workout and the North face jacket for warmth and rain gear.

Then I really looked AROUND the photo...two bikes in sight (two others close by), the pink vacuum ready for use at ANY time and the bike trainer set up ready to roll. Not to mention the feet up on the couch-shoes on and the cat preying on us for as if we are her next casualty. This is how we live AMERICA, two ironman athletes in 570 sq feet-anything is possible. DREAM home for us!

6 comments:

Rebecca Kelley said...

I honestly don't know how you and Mark haven't killed each other in such a small space. Jason and I have about 1100 sq feet and sometimes that feels too small. :P

beth said...

Ian confirmed that outfit is not even close to crazy, and this is a man who has seen some seriously crazy outfits by said wife over the years. He has learned to politely suggest via his eyes and staring...mouth agape when something is wrong with my outfit. And yes, I would also kill Ian if we lived in 570 sq. ft. The computers alone would take up that space and there would be no room for me!

Charisa said...

LOVE the outfit!!

Steven and I lived in a 600sf apt for a while and it was FUN. Bike trainer, bikes in the kitchen, etc. Gooooood times :)

Anonymous said...

The outfit even scared the cats...


Mark

LaVonne said...

It's hard to tell about the outfit from the picture, but since I don't see any pink or purple or other fun color, it does not seem like your usual stylish self.

And your square footage - unbelievable.

Bri Cooper said...

haha I look like this 7 days a week when I'm at home :) so I say thumbs up!