Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Really? For a Cat?


Seven years ago. I got two baby kittens, not sisters, just to little kittens smaller than the size of my size 8 shoe. I would lose them in the house they were so small, so quiet, so precious. One remains this way, well just about 6 pounds heavier, but for the most part is a gem. The other is that way 50% of the time. The 50% of the time during daylight hours. I am living as if I had a newborn, a kid, a newborn kid....at least from what I am told.


Mark and I take turns sleeping on the couch to take care of our ever needy, loud, scratching through the night cat. No, she is not in heat, been completely ruled out (after hundreds of dollars in tests). First diagnosed with anxiety, now depression. I can tell you the medications are doing NOTHING. We put a bike box in front of the main door EVERY night, then we have a night light on too. We have gone to the extreme of sleeping with the lights on, of sleeping on the floor next to her while she cries, you name it, we've done it.

(preparing for her rendezvous tonight)

So with today being a new day, we got new cat drugs. Vet already warned that at no point would this be a magical cure. I don't think she understands that is what we NEED. So I made a point today to not let her sleep, nope, if we can't sleep neither can she. I am forcing her to play and in her drugged out state she doesn't want to. If this doesn't change by next week I am officially doing all my training from midnight to 3am so she can cry through the night and I can be out and about. Then sleep through the day. I will live the life of an animal.


Really? Is this what it has come to? She is taking over the house...soon she will have a new apartment....this girl knows how to work the system for sure!

Lucky thing she is loved so much.

5 comments:

beth said...

Poor kitty. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Anonymous said...

Poor Kitty...POOR MARK! I have not slept in days.

LaVonne said...

Poor Mark AND Teresa! That sounds absolutely EXHAUSTING! I like the idea of changing your sleeping time around. But do your clients have to do that too then?

Good luck!

Charisa said...

Ohhh poor kitty. And poor you and Mark!! When Tiptoe was a kitten we actually slept in the guest room for a while because all she wanted to do was pounce on my head all night. And of course all her toys were in our room. Good luck! Oh - and love all the fall colors!!! We need some of that down here :)

Courtenay said...

i want a kitty, but not that kitty. has she always been like that? have you tried the kitty psychiatrist/astrologist? or acupuncture and chiropractics. i actually got that for my horse, she loved it, but her problem was not that she was keeping me up all night so it is probably different. but bring her in to william and peter and see what they can do ;)