Monday, December 21, 2009

Got the BOOT.

Friday December 18th marks the day that Mark gave me the boot. We had dinner plans and Mark decided we should open some "early" Christmas gifts because he had a hunch I would want to wear my gift that night. He pulls out a box of Frye's boots that I was hoping Santa would bring. I open them up and slide them on and click my heels around a bit on the kitchen floor. Mark asks me to take the boot off and starts feeling around in it, thinking maybe he left the recipt in the shoe (wink, wink). Then he looks through the boot box on the counter and says..."oh, the card, there is a card under the tissue there". I reach over and lift up the tissue and there is a ring, no not another Tiffany silver ring that I lost in previous posts, but a REAL ring. I just looked at him and with a little swelling going on in both our eyes he proposes.



(self portrait of my new ornament)


We then went out to dinner at La Rustica (amazing Italian restaurant in West Seattle) where Mark planned for a few of our close friends to join in on the celebration. Connie, Jeff, Christina and Darin. Thanks for sharing our special night with us!

Some additional highlights of the night:

The cat scratched at the door during the proposal so we ended up laughing off the tears.

Mark decided to purchase himself an engagement gift. A new watch, just so he would "always remember this day every time he looked at it".

It was all so real, so normal, and a day we will never forget.

And to Mark....looking forward to a lifetime....love you lots!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so wonderful!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that ring is gorgeous, so pretty! and the boots are super cute too... congratulations to you two!

Charisa said...

Congrats!!!!!

LaVonne said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both! You deserve this happness. The story is great too. So, was the ring actually supposed to be inside the boot when you put it on? And I love the Mark got himself an "engagement watch". I was just thinking about the first time I met him, at the Resolution Run in 2007. How long had you been dating them?

M D Franks said...

Congratulations Teresa! The ring is very pretty!

JC said...

Congrats!
Live, Laugh and Love always!

Teresa said...

Yes lavonne, was supposed to be in boot and fell out...oops!
tn

Marit C-L said...

Woo hooo!!!!! WONDERFUL! Congrats! :) :) :)

Michelle Simmons said...

Congrats! Great story. :)

Rebecca Kelley said...

Congratulations to two of our favorite triathletes and one of our favorite couples! We can't wait for the ongoing celebration. :)

D said...

Awwww I love it! (and I'm clearly a bit behind here, huh? hah)

Congrats again, you guys. Glad this was such a special year for you! :)

Tracy said...

YAHOO! Congrats to you both :-)

Tracy