Friday, February 18, 2011

Somethin' that'll light up this whole town!


"If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it"
-Andy Rooney

How can I make this post one big smily face...the title, the body, the ending?!
Curently have been missing from blogland for a reason, I have training to balance into all other "things" now, and that is said with huge joy!
Trying not to jump to far ahead of things, as there is a minor trend of big smile, big tear, big smile, big tear in previous posts. This time around is truely different.
My eyes sparkle to see the suits are stacking up in the tub, the laundry is piling up, the new bike is being fit, and the run shoes are "fresh" (refused to buy new shoes until I was ready to stack mileage on them).
How is this different than previous "attempts"?
Before I was fighting the urge to want to train and do more. NOW it "feels" right and it "is" right. I have no hesitation. It is about being smart in the coming weeks and I am confident I can do that!
Did I mention how ecstatic this makes me feel?!
The update is that leading into each Remicade treatment we have been doing "everything" to not end up in the hospital. Four weeks ago we added in another medicine (Immuran) that I was taking during my last flare up (this was a few months before St Croix in 2009). It takes about 3 weeks to work. The week leading up to Remicade,which was week #3, I felt fantastic, was working out, and now post-Remicade things continue to look up...no set-backs...no ER visits, no migraines, just a
big shine of light at the end of the tunnel.
Moving forward, these next few weeks we build my training SLOWLY until we are further into the "clear" and then proceed with racing plans.
Gettin' chills already!

"A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people your at home"
-unknown

16 comments:

Christi said...

That is so awesome! I can't tell you how happy I am for you.

Kim said...

i love how i can feel your big smile shining through this post teresa. i love hearing that the combined medications are finally working together! hurray!!!

Kiet said...

Onward and upward chica! Mucho mucho happy for ya. Have fun in Palm Springs and hope the weather is good for ya.

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, YESSSSSS!!! TN I am SUPER happy for you :)

JC said...

I'm smiling HUGE for you. That is such FANTASTIC news! So, so, so, SO HAPPY for YOU! YAHOO! :)))))))

Charisa said...

yeah!! :)

Maggs said...

This post made me smile. And nobody else is around :-)

Beth said...

Best news ever! Totally made my day! Yeah for big smiles!! :-)

D said...

x2 on what SSB said!
HOORAY!!!!! :D

Libby said...

YES!! so happy you are doing well. soak up the build and your body will keep responding positively! I can see the smile from here! so happy for you!!

h* said...

I got all teary and choked up(super super happy tears!!!!!) while reading this one doll! I am so grateful that they got the combination 'right' for you this time, and we can all race with you, and more importantly cheer you on! yeah! hugs to my sweet lil buddy!

Melissa said...

Wow, I got chills reading this! Great news!

GoBigGreen said...

Yes BIG Grin here, and that is even alone and when we have gotten 4 inch of snow in about 2 hours:) Super news, and as you said, one day at a time!
PS You know i dont get super cold riding when its above freezing, if anything i overdress and am so hot! I have the winter gear so its pretty darn doable:)

Nat said...

Such wonderful news for your, Teresa!! I'm so happy for your new happiness. I hope all goes well and it is all a GO.

LaVonne said...

Yeah! I am so happy to hear that! Thrilled! And I know what you mean about not buying new running shoes. Mine have now become old & ratty gym shoes. Can't wait for the day to get a brand new pair! I will truly look like a newbie - short slow run, shiny white shoes!

Kim said...

THIS IS AWESOME!! So glad you are feeling better and seeing the light! I can almost feel it coming right off your blog. So happy for you TN!