Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Doughman 2010

After Ironman Canada I received an email from an athlete that claimed she wanted to withdrawal her 2010 Canada entry for this race. My eyeballs nearly popped out of their sockets and I read the email again and then immediately reached for the phone for a heart to heart-without clicking on the link. Suddenly I stopped myself, thought for a moment and decided to find out what race could possibly be more important for this athlete than Ironman Canada.

Nope, it was not April Fools, but if it were she would have gotten me REAL good. Since then I have saved the email and decided today to wonder back too it. I found entertainment in the video, and the race shirt, and when clicking on the race details they have a training program for participants. One that may not be too challenging to follow. In fact, off season is the perfect time to train for this one. Hope all of you find as much humor in this race as I have and thanks to the fine athlete that keeps me on my toes!

5 comments:

Rebecca Kelley said...

I still think we can assemble a winning team! Tell Mark to get ready!

D said...

Oh you know THAT is my kinda race. Can I be an honorary TNM member for it!?!? :)))

LaVonne said...

That is hysterical! I'm surprised they get away with using the M-Dot.

Teresa said...

Okay, lets plan for 2011....we WILL win and YES D, you can be our team coach even! Ha!

tn

Kim said...

i'm pretty sure i would whoop some ass at this race - im pretty good at gorging myself :)