Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Swim Fun/TRX

Last year my body let me do 100x100. This year I missed out on that fun for two reasons 1. There was no way my body needed to be pushed to the limits, it is not healthy enough to take on that adventure and 2. the need for continuing education was calling from maintaining several certifications, luckily I landed in a full day of TRX training. From much experience with gymnastics and pilates, lets just say, by the end of the day we were doing some crazy- fun moves!


To make up for the missed holiday swim I did 70+x100 on a light interval with several of the TNM athletes. We were at max capacity with over 20 athletes showing up for the adventure of doing as many 100's as possible (okay, coach put a limit on each of them based on their swim fitness) in 2 hours. It was impressive to see these athletes take their swimming to another level, to watch Mark attempt diving off the blocks for the first time, to see some bikini briefs that have been in hiding since Canada and to see non-flip turners becoming real swimmers! Personally I enjoyed just swimming and working out with the athletes which I never do because I want to be "coaching" while they are training. But this was a "holiday special" so coaches got to play!



(Mark and his ladies...I mean lane mates!)

Mark is becoming a real swimmer and just set a 100 PR of 1:11 (and he will remind you that he does not do" cheater-flips")!!!


(the last of the fishies)

The full two hours was full of laughs, coffee, and donuts! Cheers... to doing it again and again (okay maybe not multiple 100's but some swim fun for sure)....as we have the pool for team swims each month now!!! Yeah!!

PS...Yes ,I do have a health update for you, but it will come after the Christmas holiday...now is the time to celebrate fun times with friends and family! Happiest of holidays friends! xoxo

13 comments:

Beth said...

What a great group of fun swimmers! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well!! :)

D said...

Wait! Mark doesn't flip turn? Well if he doesn't, why the heck do I have to learn? ;)

Christi said...

What a great workout!

Kim said...

wow, that is just plain amazing T. is someone drinking a beer in the pool in that picture? happy holidays love!

Kim said...

Sounds like you felt good and had a great swim with you athletes!! Awesome!! Good for you! Merry Christmas Teresa!

JC said...

Happy Holidays to you and Mark (your first Christmas being married)! Enjoy!

GoBigGreen said...

Happy Holidays T, Glad to see you smiling up from the pool. Awesome. I think i would be SO SORE from a day or TRX, glad there are gymnast types that can do that and live to tell about it:)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Happiest of holidays to you and yours!

Kiet said...

Taking it easy and doing 70 x 100? Uh, that's 7000 yards. Now I know why you kicked my butt at Hawaii 70.3. I'm going to do the TRX instructor training class as well, maybe you can use my help during the summers?

Anonymous said...

LOVE when your posts TN! Glad you got to do some swimming with your athletes - so fun! And now that I know how to do flip turns I can attest to the fact that they DO make you faster!! Merry Christmas TN!!!

Michelle Simmons said...

That is so cool that you got TRX trained. I totally want to do that.

Awesome about the swimming too! Welcome back!

LaVonne said...

It sounds like you are doing great Teresa, so glad you are on the road to good health. Thinking of you often!

Unknown said...

I have yet to conquer or attempt the 100x100 workout, I think I'll make it a New Year goal! So good to see you back in the pool and continuing to guide/mold athletes:-)
Tracy