Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thunder Snow Storm in Seattle

(5am, West Seattle, awoke to cancel computrainer)

(11am, just a bit brighter with a lot more snow)

I woke up this morning to the sound of thunder...in a snow storm. Does that really happen? And does it really happen in Seattle? West Seattle has been a crazy mess today....but it is officially 4pm, I am still in my pj's and am enjoying continuing to watch the snow fall. I did get dressed for a short time to get coffee before Mark ventured in to Road Runner Sports.


(My Snow Feet- 7 inches!)

(squinting to miss the flakes in the eyes, no makeup, hair in beanie, lookin' good!)

(Left hand egg nog latte, right hand blackberry, his ears are warm, what more could this boy want?!)

(our street/sidewalk)

When it snows in Seattle you see everything. People were on their bikes on the sidewalks like the above. Now maybe I am not dedicated, or maybe I could consider myself smart,but seriously. The bike trainer will at least keep my skull together.
Then lots of kids were out on their sleds, parent towing them along. We stopped by Bartells and they were selling their last two sled discs- to adults...we should have gotten there
sooner!

It is cozy here in the condo with the heat, the warm foods and the beautiful snow, it makes working out challenging, as we rarely get to enjoy such a sight. The crisp air makes the down comforter that much more enjoyable. However, we are off, to the pool, here we come!

3 comments:

beth said...

You are dedicated - the pool in this weather? I am not sure I can get out of my driveway, but since you swam today, I may just have to bus it to the community pool tomorrow :).

Rachel said...

I found you! I have a blog on here somewhere.

I just had to check in and see if my coach really does train or she just enjoys making the rest of us train..just kidding.

Unknown said...

And Mark said I would get use to the news calling for snow but it never happening...;-) LOL
Tracy