Friday, July 29, 2011

Fat Salmon 2011





(Fellow fish, I mean teammates and a view of the "scene"!)





(Enjoying this gorgeous day!)

My favorite open water swim race was this past weekend (2010, 2009) . The sun was FINALLY out in Seattle so the day was absolutely beautiful to swim 3.2 miles from I-90 to Madison Beach. Choppy waters made this event a little more challenging than years prior adding 4-5' on most swimmers results from previous years (a long eight additional 8 minutes for me). My past swim buddy was gone from the get-go, so no pedicure for good-ole' Tom while swimming THIS year!





(Tom, the speedy feet dude! 4th overall and #1 Master!)





(Mark demolishes his first 3-mile open water race!)





(Bridget and I ie: partner in crime!)

The choppier the water the more strength is needed. As I long for more strength, that I recognize can not be achieved through swim/bike/run alone, I (and Bridget) have enlisted in my long time buddy Curt Ligot and his Kinetic Force shenanigans to get me in "fightin' shape", as I am now officially now at "fightin' weight" (Insert big smile! Take that UC!!!). Excited for a few focused months of building some real muscle back, the heels and wedges will be in the back of my closet for now!




Thank you TYR for the amazing Hurricane, tracer goggles, and comfy suit to do this super fun adventure!

To more open water swimming, strength, and health....life is good!

3 comments:

Christi said...

You are lookin' great! I hope the fightin' weight comes back easily as you add the muscle.

Have a great weekend!

Beth said...

Woo-hoo!!! Fighting weight and ready to GOOOOOOOOOOO!! :) Have fun TN!

Lauren said...

YEAH! So happy to hear you are at fightin' weight. Way to stomp that UC to the ground. Keep on rockin!